The 1 Year Fast-track A-Level Program
The fast track program is designed for students looking for a transitional channel to access their desired university program in the UK (UCAS), Hong Kong (non-JUPAS) and overseas. The program brings together the ARCH’s specialist faculty and a world recognized curriculum of International Advanced Levels. Our student-centered classes offer a dedicated learning environment to excel in modular and structured exams.
St. George’s University (SGU) guarantees placement for ARCH A-Level students who apply with prediction grades in Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics that meet SGU’s minimum requirements. Graduates from SGU will progress to UK and US qualifying pathways to become medical professionals, and they will also support ARCH A-Level students by extending medicine related programs and scholarships.
Although this course is very compact, I have not felt a lot of pressure. I enjoy the learning atmosphere of small class teaching. The ARCH tutors extend expert training for UCAT and interviews. They give me some practical advice on choosing schools. ARCH really care about the personal development and learning progress of each student.
Students studying in the Fast Track Program are required to select any 3 subjects from a wide variety of academic choices.
- Mathematics electives: Statistics, Mechanics, Further Pure, Decision
- Further Mathematics
Humanities and Social Science
REFERENCE SUBJECT REQUIREMENT:
Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinarian Science
Engineering, Mechanics, Physics
- Further Mathematics
Law, Economics, Management
- Business / Accounting / History
Students in the Fast Track Program will gain invaluable exposure to the UK educational system and style of teaching that guides the students’ learning.
- Study at an Approved Institution: This is a taught program conducted in a centre with approved education permits and by government recognized teachers. Lessons are led by a well credentialed faculty with both specialized academic backgrounds and extensive teaching experience.
- Guided & Structured Learning: Our dedicated teachers have experience in teaching students from various local (DSE) and international schools (IB, GCE, AP) and understand how to leverage on students’ knowledge and guide them to achieve top performance in examinations. The modular nature of IAL exams allows for a smart scheduling of exams that reflects the learning progress of each and every student. This allows for maximum efficiency and performance in revision while minimizing the stress from examinations.
- Estimated Study Hours: The program can be completed in a minimum of one academic year. As a guide, each course requires 150 hours of combined in-class and self-study time. The nature of the program also offers flexibility of how the hours are allocated depending on the students’ background and competence.
- Admission Support: With over 200 Oxbridge offers, our counselling team will assist students’ application to prestigious programs in Hong Kong and the UK. Our team will support students through the process to manage admissions tests (BMAT, UKCAT, LNAT, TSA, etc) and secure interview offers as well as impress their interviewers during their visits to colleges.
For more program details, CLICK HERE for leaflet.
This program is suitable for:
- Students who are enrolled in the final two years of a senior secondary curriculum (e.g. HKDSE or IBDP) and find that it is not the most suitable for their academic interests or strengths. They would like to switch out of their current curriculum without repeating a year.
- Students who have graduated from secondary school and may have just missed the grade or minimum requirements to pursue further studies in social sciences at their desired universities and who wish to explore an alternative route that will qualify them to re-apply.
- High achieving students who have just completed their GCSE or equivalent examinations and would like to accelerate their progression to read social science subjects at university undergraduate level.
To be eligible for the Fast Track Program, students should:
- Typically be aged 17 or over before 31 December in the year of registration; and
- Have passes in a minimum of at least four separate subjects at GCSE/GCE ‘O’ level, with grades A-C (or the international equivalent), or HKDSE 322 or equivalent; and
- Have acceptable examination results equivalent to GCSE/GCE ‘O’ level English language at grade C, or demonstrated fluency in academic English (for example, IELTS at 5.5 overall).
Students must receive acceptance from approved teaching institute ARCH, who will select students according to school grades, IELTS, interview and level of written English. Exceptional cases will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
How To Apply
For program application, please call 3568-0406 or email to email@example.com.
Once we receive an application, we will invite students to attend an interview and ARCH will review whether the program is suitable for the student.