By enrolling into classes offered by ARCH, the applicant acknowledges and agrees to the school policies as specified below.
- Enrollment in Term courses may be subject to pre-course assessment to determine applicant’s suitability to enroll in the classes. ARCH reserves the right to refuse the admission of any applicant who, in its opinion, does not meet the minimum requirement for the courses and/or may impact the learning of other students at the center.
- ARCH reserves the right to discontinue an applicant’s enrollment at any time due to non-payment of tuition fee, disruptive behavior in class or at the center, or negative impact on other students’ learning.
- ARCH reserves the right to change the class instructor for courses as deemed appropriate or necessary. ARCH is not required to provide prior notice for such arrangements.
- Tuition fee must be paid prior to the commencement of the class or as requested under the terms of the specific course.
- ARCH reserves the right to prevent a student from attending the class if tuition fee has not been paid as requested.
- A HK$50 administration fee will be charged for any cheques returned by your bank.
- ARCH reserves the right to apply late fees for late payment of tuition fee as follows:
- 5% penalty charge will apply on outstanding fees after 5 working days of the assigned due date
- 10% penalty charge will apply on outstanding fees after 10 working days of assigned due date
- 15% penalty charge will apply on outstanding fees after 15 working days of assigned due date
Specific to private lessons:
- Any reservations made within the current month, the student must pay for all lessons within 1 working day after confirmation of the reservation or 48 hours before attending the class (whichever occurs first).
- Any reservations made for upcoming month, the student must pay for all lessons within 3 working days after confirmation of the reservation or 48 hours before attending the class (whichever occurs first).
Make-up Class Policy
- No make-up classes for Holiday courses or private lessons.
- Students must notify ARCH by e-mail of the absence at least one week in advance of the class, unless the student can provide a Doctor’s certificate.
- ARCH will not accommodate a make-up class request for notification given on the day or after the scheduled class, without a Doctor’s certificate.
- It is the student’s responsibility to contact ARCH to schedule a make-up class.
- We offer three make-up classes per term. However, we may not be able to guarantee alternative timeslots or available timeslots that will fit the student’s schedule.
- The student will only be able to join a make-up class in the same week and at the same level of the missed class.
- Make-up classes cannot be carried forward to another week.
- No refund or additional make-up classes will be offered if the student is unable to attend any scheduled / proposed make-up classes.
- Materials from the missed class will be distributed to the student if the student is unable to attend a make-up class.
- Missed / Make-up classes are non-refundable and non-transferable between students or courses.
Rescheduling / Shortening / Cancellation Policy
- Rescheduling, shortening or cancellation of confirmed private lessons is granted only if the request is made 48 hours prior the scheduled lesson, otherwise ARCH has discretion to charge for the lesson.
- The rescheduled private lesson must be within the 6 days from the date of the original lesson.
- All paid and confirmed private lessons are non-refundable and non-transferable between students or subjects.
Course Withdrawal Policy
- Students must provide ARCH with at least one month’s prior notice in writing (email, fax or letter) if the student wants to withdraw from any courses.
- Without proper notification, ARCH will not accept the student’s withdrawal from the course and the student must pay for the following month’s tuition fee.
- Paid classes are non-refundable and non-transferable between students or courses.
- In the case of ARCH closure prior to the commencement of a course, we will refund in full the outstanding tuition fee to the student.
- There is no refund for courses and private lessons. However, in the event that a confirmed course needs to be canceled by ARCH or a course which has commenced ceases to continue, and the student declines the revised arrangements offered by ARCH, then ARCH will refund in full or on a pro-rata basis the tuition fee collected no later than one month after the notification date of the cancellation.
- Refunds will be by cheque only.
- With regards to refund procedure:
- We will inform the student of refund arrangements in writing (e-mail, fax or letter).
- We will issue a refund receipt which the student is required to sign to acknowledge receipt of the refunded amount.
Adverse Weather Conditions Policy
- Morning classes will be cancelled if Black Rain Warning / Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above is hoisted within two hours of the scheduled start time.
- All afternoon classes will be cancelled if Black Rain Warning / Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above is hoisted at 2pm.
- There will be no make-up classes, rescheduling or refund for any cancelled / dismissed classes resulting from adverse weather conditions.
The student agrees:
- not to reproduce, distribute or show to any other person, in whole or in part, any of the class materials, lesson notes, assessments and tests distributed by ARCH without the prior written consent of ARCH;
- not to solicit or make private arrangements for tuition with instructors/tutors employed/contracted by ARCH, without prior consent of ARCH;
- to arrange appropriate transportation or pick-up for the student to and from ARCH premises. ARCH does not require students to sign-out or notify us when they are leaving the premises;
- to check emails regularly for notifications from ARCH; and
- to attend all lessons of their enrolled courses in order to gain the most benefit from the courses.
- ARCH shall not be liable for any loss, expense, damage, delay, costs or compensation, whether direct, indirect or consequential, which may be suffered or incurred by the student arising from or in any way connected with classes at ARCH.
- ARCH shall not be held responsible for personal injuries, accidents, losses and damages incurred by the student while at the ARCH premises or any other places where classes are being held.
- ARCH reserves the right to use the student’s work for promotional or educational purposes, without prior consent obtained from the said student.
- Photographs and videos may be taken occasionally during the class time. Students and participants agree to be photographed or taped. ARCH reserves all rights to images and footages, without prior consent obtained from the said students/participants.
- ARCH reserves all rights and interests in any intellectual property (i.e. drilling/mock exam papers) arising as a result of any lessons, courses or other tuition provided or any purpose associated with ARCH.
- This legal notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (Hong Kong SAR).
- Disputes arising in conjunction with this legal notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong SAR courts.
- If any part of these conditions is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any respect such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not prejudice the effect of the rest of these Terms and Conditions to the extent that they are valid, legal and enforceable.
I have read and agreed to the terms of ARCH Personal Data Collection statement and permit ARCH and any of its related companies or subsidiaries to store, maintain, process and use this information in accordance with this collection statement, as amended from time to time, for various purposes.